21 5 / 2013
- liking a piece of media does not automatically mean you think it is perfect or agree with its creators
- even if you are not openly critical of it
- because you don’t HAVE to be openly critical of it
- there is an enormous difference between being an apologist for something and wanting to dwell on the good parts of a thing you like because it makes you happy, please stop conflating these two things
- not talking about the flaws of a thing does not mean you do not recognize the flaws of a thing
- nobody has to apologize for liking what they like and nobody should be shamed for liking a thing
- your fave is problematic too
- you are not a better person than someone just because your favorite piece of media is less problematic than theirs
- you aren’t
Leaving this as a reminder to myself and anyone else who might need it.
19 5 / 2013
oh my gosh that sounds incredible! have fun and take pictures!
I will I will :D It’s not until October (the first openings they had! :O ), but I’m gonna take, like, a billion pictures!